President Jacob Huff has signed into law the National Anthem Act 2014, which replaced the former National Anthem, “Ashukovs, March On”.
The former anthem, which has been used since the establishment of the Federation, was last performed in various cities across the Federation yesterday, just before the signing of the document by the President. The Act establishes a newly written song called “Song of the Ashukovs”, which is set to a shortened version of the Preobrazhensky March. The song was played across the country soon after the Act passed.
The text of the Act is as follows:
4TH FEDERAL ASSEMBLY
31 JULY 2014
Adopting a new National AnthemNoting the desire for a new National Anthem, the Right Honorable Joseph Kennedy PM MFA presents the following Act:I. SHORT TITLE
This Act shall be referred to as the National Anthem Act 2014
II. AMENDING ARTICLE NINE
Article Nine of the Constitution of the Ashukov Federation is hereby amended to read the following:
“The National Anthem of the Ashukov Federation is “Song of the Ashukovs”, set to the tune of the Preobrazhensky March with lyrics written by Joseph Kennedy.”
III. LYRICS OF THE ANTHEM
The lyrics of the National Anthem are as follows:
“Land of freedom, land of beauty
Land that we can call our own!
Land of triumph, land of glory
To the world your name is known!
Our flag waves in the wind,
Our nation’s standard bright.
Our people’s flag is flown
To guide us even as our light.
Ashukovo, sacred nation
Long live the Federation!”
IV. CONDUCT DURING PLAYING
During a rendition of the National Anthem
- when the flag is displayed—
- individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;
- members of the Federal Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and
- all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention; and
- when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.
V. EXECUTION OF THIS ACT
This Act shall come into force upon its approval by the President of the Federation.
The official recording of the anthem, to be played at state functions: drive.google.com/file/d/0B0bavlFapeSPWmhlV0lUNDlxb00/edit?usp=sharing